HireAbility Products Overview
What is CV / Resume Parsing and how does ALEX Work
Resume or CV parsing is the process of converting a resume, CV or social media profile into a data structure or a set of XML tags that can be used in searching. Parsing eliminates the need for manual data entry and allows applicants and companies to easily create and save meaningful data that will significantly improve match and search results.
ALEX (Automated Linguistic EXpert), HireAbility’s CV / Resume parser and Job Order parser employs several AI strategies including natural language processing techniques and pattern recognition in order to parse relevant information from resumes written in a free-text format. ALEX is a grammar-based parser using proprietary algorithms to understand and properly tag meaningful data in even the most unconventional and complicated resumes. As a grammar-based parser ALEX assigns meaning to terms (words and sentences) based upon the context in which they appear. ALEX’s ability to identify properly the context of resume terms significantly improves the accuracy of output data compared to conventional ‘key-word’-based and statistical parsers. Compare the difference and take our free trial.
HireAbility’ ALEX Resume / CV parser and Job Order / Vacancy parser output HR-XML standard schema for both resume / candidates and job orders / vacancies. The Resume (Candidate in ver 3.2 HR-XML) XML parses out personal information, contact information, education history, employment history, skills and much more. The Job Order XML parses out position title, location, salary, job description, required skills, required education and more. All XML schemas are fully customizable and new tags and extensions can be added if so desired.
ALEX Resume and CV parser now supports New HR-XML JSON Lightweight Recruiting Standard.
Output format can be customized on request.
Competencies/Skills and Job Titles Ontologies
After ALEX identifies the data in the resume ALEX applies semantic matching techniques to standardize and optimize the Skills (Competencies), Job Titles, Dates and Locations. The Intelligence module is optional and fully customizable. ALEX optimizes Skills (Competencies) and Job Titles to be used later for in-depth matching between candidate profiles and job orders/postings as follows.
1. Validation ontologies associate various permutations of skills and job titles with a standardized, “valid” term from HireAbility’s ontology of skills and replaces “raw” terms with semantically “valid” skills and job titles. HireAbility has compiled an extensive skills and job titles ontology for term validation while at the same time using ALEX’s ability to semantically match sibling terms. A client defined taxonomy can also be used instead or in addition to HireAbility’s ontologies.
2. Hierarchies identify semantic parent/child relationships between skills or job titles. Hierarchies (ontologies) further enable users to identify and match skills that are not specifically listed in a resume. For example, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, Ultrix, and others are children of the parent UNIX. With Hierarchies option enabled, ALEX would return “UNIX” as a skill when one of the children of UNIX was identified (for example, AIX). Skills can have multiple parents and multiple levels of parents. For example, the skill ABAP has the parent SAP, which in turn has the parent ERP.
Social Media Profile Parsing
ALEX CV/Resume parser supports Social Media CV, profile and Business profile parsing. The growing list of Social Media profiles includes LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter profiles.
HR Analytics and HR Data Mining
ALEX CV/Resume parser’s output provides a wealth of structured information crucial to any company or HR department. Using parsing will maximize the impact and effectiveness of HR Analytics and Data Mining projects in driving business outcomes.
Adding or switching to a new software product can be time consuming and costly. While ALEX is internally a complex tool, its API is easy to use and can be implemented in a matter of minutes. ALEX integrates easily with your system with a single API key and a few lines of code. Here are some integration code samples in various languages. You can request new code samples to be written by us in any language.
Support for Multiple Languages
Full parsing capabilities are available in the following languages and dialect for the following regions:
- English – USA, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, India, South Africa
- German – Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Switzerland
- French – Canada, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Monaco, Switzerland
- Dutch – Netherlands, Belgium
- Spanish – Spain, Mexico
- Italian – Italy, Vatican, Switzerland
- Finnish – Finland
- Swedish – Sweden
- Portuguese – Portugal, Brazil
- Polish – Poland
- Russian – Russia
- Ukrainian – Ukraine
- Czech – Czech Republic
- Slovak – Slovakia
- Chinese – China
- Greek – Greece
Contact and Personal Info parsing is available for the following regions:
- (Latin alphabet) Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, PR China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Japan
Contact Info Only for the following regions:
- Denmark (+ Faroe Islands, Greenland), Iceland
- Turkey (Latin alphabet)
Advantages of Software as a Service
- No hardware costs
- No additional software dependencies
- No installation costs
- No unknown internal or outsourced labor costs
- Continual updates and enhancements
- Your labor amounts to a one-time connection to our web service.
- Proprietary Grid technology implementation for peak load handling and scalability. ALEX can handle thousands of resumes and job orders in a single minute.
- Advanced reporting capability
- Customizable set of rules as requested by each client for skills and job titles processing, input/output formats, and any unique parsing requirements you would like us to create for you
- A quick time to market
- 99.99 percent uptime